Hurricane Florence made landfall this morning in Wrightsville Beach, NC as a category 1 hurricane.
What We Know
- The storm has substantially weakened since making landfall. Florence will continue to become less intense as it continues moving on land
- Currently, the maximum sustained winds remain around 75 MPH
- It is moving West at 5 MPH
What To Expect
While we do expect some wind and rain, we remain positive that the storm will not disrupt our ability to provide quality healthcare services to our patients throughout the District.
- There is a potential for tropical storm wind gusts of approximately 30-40 MPH
- We expect anywhere from 4-6 inches of rain over a five (5) day period
- In comparison, the 2015 Midlands flood received a total of 6 inches in one (1) day
- Encourage staff to account for the extra time it may take while traveling to work because of the deteriorating weather conditions and possible debris in the roadways
- Any damage or leaks should be reported through the Facility Services Hotline at 791-2600